We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a respected supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we have built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are proud of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since developed into one of the top providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of delighted clients. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Upland
When you need reasonably priced landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest assortment of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing a range of stunning landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We do not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find remedies to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a broader selection of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This contains a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your average landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are excited to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a large variety of various kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an undisciplined eye, all the various types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is composed of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for perfect plant growth.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the ideal environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is composed of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide variety of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of diverse shades of gray.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of varying colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most popular merchandise in this category:
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, among them the following options:
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This includes the following:
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
I was referred to wolfinbarger from a family member who had previously purchased rocks from them and had a wonderful experience and all I can say is I can see why they have been in business for the many years they have!!! Wonderful service from everyone including the driver who delivered!!! I am extremely happy!! We will use them again when we do our backyard...thank you wolfinbarger!!
I purchased 4 yards of lava rock and it was a great price compared to other. Thank you for great customer service and delivery.