We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
serving San Bernardino, CA
O.F. Wolfinbarger is based in Chino CA and has been serving the San Bernardino, California area as a trusted supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping supplies and building materials, we've built a sturdy foundation of excellency and are proud of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the region. We would love to add you to our long list of satisfied customers. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Materials serving San Bernardino
When you need cheap landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the broadest assortment of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying an assortment of stunning landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping tutorial every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our customers with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but important) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find remedies to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a broader selection of landscape products and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This contains a large selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the numerous types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is comprised of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the best environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide variety of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of varying shades of gray.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is best for ground cover.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Playground Sand: A sought after variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a large selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a reasonably priced alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
- Peat Moss: One of our most popular mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
I have known Butch Wolfinbarger for many years and I have recommended his business to many friends and family. If you're looking for stone, pebble, rocks, dirt, etc, for small or large landscaping projects, Wolfinbarger's is the place to go! It's a family owned and excellent customer service with affordable prices!