We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California region as a dependable supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping supplies and building products, we've built a solid foundation of excellence and are pleased of the reputation we sustain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since flourished into one of the leading providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when neighborhoods began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted supplier of Landscape products? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of delighted clients. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Highland
When you need reasonably priced landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying an assortment of beautiful landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a slight (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find remedies to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape products and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a larger variety of landscape merchandise and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This contains a wide variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, including plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an undisciplined eye, all the various types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these unique types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide selection of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also stunt weed growth.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of diverse shades of gray.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of varying colors. These convenient rocks are ideal for a number of different ornamental applications.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most popular products in this category:
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Peat Moss: One of our most popular mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This includes the following:
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Wonderful quality soil for my raised beds. My vegetable plants are blooming and I know it's because of their soil. Fantastic , thank you very much. Also, ordered Arizona River rock from them and those are beautiful with pretty colors. So many options for mulch also.
I was referred to wolfinbarger from a family member who had previously purchased rocks from them and had a wonderful experience and all I can say is I can see why they have been in business for the many years they have!!! Wonderful service from everyone including the driver who delivered!!! I am extremely happy!! We will use them again when we do our backyard...thank you wolfinbarger!!
We have done business with them a couple of times now for 2 different properties, and have had no issues. First time we picked up a few scoops ourselves, and the second time we had it delivered. The delivery was smooth and they even called in advance to let us know driver was on his was. This company has good prices, and I would do business with them again. The ladies in the office can be a bit more friendly since they are dealing with customers (only reason I didn't give them 5 stars)