We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
serving Apple Valley, CA
O.F. Wolfinbarger is based in Chino CA and has been serving the Apple Valley, California area as a trusted provider of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping supplies and building materials, we have built a strong foundation of excellence and are proud of the reputation we sustain in the area.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted Provider of Landscape Materials? We are sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the region. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of delighted customers. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies serving Apple Valley
When you need cheap landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying an assortment of stunning landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping tutorial every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape products and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a broader variety of landscape products and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This includes a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your average landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are pleased to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a large variety of various kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an untrained eye, all the different types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is composed of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large variety of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of diverse shades of gray.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These versatile rocks are perfect for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Playground Sand: A popular variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, among them the following options:
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a large variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Peat Moss: One of our most popular mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This includes the following:
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
They are very helpful, have great product and there prices are very fair. I would rate them four stars because they figured out the amount of gravel I needed by my measurements and it was 5 times more product then I needed. The four stars would be because they would pick it up even though I called right away. This was also before we even used the product. However they have a policy and it is my responsibility to know the amount of product I need there for I give them five stars with a word of advice for others. Double check your math, then ask there advise and then make your order so you don't have a huge mess. My fault. In the end my wife and I used the leftovers at our house.
We had occasion to order from Wolfinbarger twice this month. We found their service to be outstanding. They provided us with 3 things that I truly appreciate in a company: 1) On time service 2) Great advice 3) Great Pricing. We ordered sod and mulch from this company we were given an order window that was precise, after giving the order desk the measurements of my project they told me exactly how much material I would need and frankly they were dead on and after shopping around we found their pricing was significantly less expensive than their competitors. I would use them again in a heart beat. I love the fact that I could complete the whole thing over the phone. Awesome.
Stupendous experience! So this was our first Time coming here recommended by a very experienced friend, Who comes here very often. Service was great, loaders were awesome. The prices were competitive, better than the Home Depot, etc. their website was great and we were able to research what we needed as well as the prices the night before. When you arrive at the location they have plenty of samples in various areas of the property as well as a larger scale the area to see what it will actually look like on the ground in an arrangement. Will definitely be back!