We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
in Diamond Bar
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a trusted supplier of landscaping merchandise for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we've built a solid foundation of excellence and are excited of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since developed into one of the top providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We are sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the region. We would love to add you to our long list of delighted customers. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Materials Diamond Bar
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing a range of stunning landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We don't just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but important) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a wider variety of landscape merchandise and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This contains a wide variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your average landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a large variety of various kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, such as plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the different types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the best environment for these unique types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for best plant growth.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is ideal for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large selection of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is perfect for ground cover.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Las Vegas Pink: Unique because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are ideal for a number of different decorative applications.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also stunt weed growth.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of diverse shades of gray.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after merchandise in this category:
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Peat Moss: One of our most popular mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This includes the following:
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Great service and products. It was my first time buying bulk soil and looking at all their other products I can see I will be a long time customer. Next up: Playground Sand sold to build the kid a sandbox.
If you need landscape materials come here before going to lowes or home depot! Much better prices even if not buying in bulk. I love that their website shows all the rock choices and you can ask for a price sheet up front. I placed an order over the phone and by giving the square footage the lady on the phone was able to tell me how much i needed (she was spot on by the way). They even let me pay over the phone and they didnt charge me till the guys went to actually pick up.Be sure to ask for a sample and they will give you some at no charge!