We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
in San Bernardino
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a dependable provider of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we have built a solid foundation of excellence and are pleased of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since flourished into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted supplier of Landscape Materials? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of delighted clients. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the region.
Affordable Landscape Materials San Bernardino
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying a range of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape products and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a broader selection of landscape merchandise and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This includes a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a large variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, including plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the numerous types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a unique soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the ideal environment for these unique types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide variety of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Las Vegas Pink: Unique because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is perfect for ground cover.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also prevent weed growth.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of varying colors. These versatile rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of varying shades of gray.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after merchandise in this category:
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a cheap alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Excellent customer service and products! In and out in less than 15 minutes max. With two scoops of bark. In n Out.
If you need landscape materials come here before going to lowes or home depot! Much better prices even if not buying in bulk. I love that their website shows all the rock choices and you can ask for a price sheet up front. I placed an order over the phone and by giving the square footage the lady on the phone was able to tell me how much i needed (she was spot on by the way). They even let me pay over the phone and they didnt charge me till the guys went to actually pick up.Be sure to ask for a sample and they will give you some at no charge!