We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California region as a dependable supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we have built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are proud of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since flourished into one of the leading providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted supplier of Landscape Materials? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied clients. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Materials Alhambra
When you need affordable landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest assortment of economically priced landscape products around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of stunning landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our customers with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but important) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a larger variety of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This contains a large variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are excited to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a large variety of numerous kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, including plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an undisciplined eye, all the different types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is composed of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the best environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is ideal for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide variety of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are ideal for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of diverse shades of gray.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a unique decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Las Vegas Pink: Unique because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Playground Sand: A sought after variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a cheap alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
I purchased 4 yards of lava rock and it was a great price compared to other. Thank you for great customer service and delivery.
We have done business with them a couple of times now for 2 different properties, and have had no issues. First time we picked up a few scoops ourselves, and the second time we had it delivered. The delivery was smooth and they even called in advance to let us know driver was on his was. This company has good prices, and I would do business with them again. The ladies in the office can be a bit more friendly since they are dealing with customers (only reason I didn't give them 5 stars)