We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a respected provider of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping products and building materials, we've built a solid foundation of excellence and are excited of the reputation we sustain in the area.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the top providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the region. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied customers. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the region.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Redlands
When you need cheap landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the widest assortment of economically priced landscape products around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying a range of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We don't just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a larger selection of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This includes a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a wide variety of various kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, such as plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the numerous types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is comprised of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for best plant growth.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide variety of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of varying shades of gray.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of varying colors. These convenient rocks are ideal for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most popular merchandise in this category:
- Playground Sand: A popular variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a reasonably priced alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
I have only dealt with them on the phone and when they've delivered in our driveway but I cannot say enough good things about them. So helpful and much better deal than Thompsons. I also love that they are local and family run.You can't go wrong with them!
Great prices, compared to the big box hardware stores and other local landscape supplies stores this place has it all.