We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California region as a respected provider of landscaping merchandise for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building materials, we have built a solid foundation of excellence and are excited of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted supplier of Landscape products? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the area. We would love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied customers. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Adelanto
When you need affordable landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the widest assortment of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of stunning landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but important) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a wider variety of landscape products and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This includes a large variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and numerous other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your average landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are pleased to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a wide variety of numerous kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, such as plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the various types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch contains wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the ideal environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large selection of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These versatile rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is perfect for ground cover.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of diverse shades of gray.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a large variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Butch and his staff are always amazing! They have the best pricing, timely delivery, and all Star Service. Rocks, sand, or gorilla hair...OF Wolfinbarger is the recommended vendor to all my clients and friends.
Wonderful quality soil for my raised beds. My vegetable plants are blooming and I know it's because of their soil. Fantastic , thank you very much. Also, ordered Arizona River rock from them and those are beautiful with pretty colors. So many options for mulch also.