We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California region as a respected supplier of landscaping merchandise for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building materials, we've built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are pleased of the reputation we sustain in the area.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since flourished into one of the leading providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when neighborhoods began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the region. We would love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied customers. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Azusa
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the widest assortment of economically priced landscape products around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of stunning landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping tutorial every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape products and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a larger variety of landscape merchandise and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This includes a large selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your ordinary landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an undisciplined eye, all the different types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is composed of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the best environment for these unique types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for perfect plant growth.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large selection of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of diverse shades of gray.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also stunt weed growth.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most popular merchandise in this category:
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Peat Moss: One of our most popular mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a reasonably priced alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This includes the following:
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
All the mulch we ordered was delivered on time and as ordered. They even called upon their arrival to confirm where they were to unload. Very satisfied customer here.
Love this place! Great prices on mulch, top soil, rocks etc. Mulch comes in a variety of grades and chip sizes. No trash, bits of plastic toys, plastic bags, or palm in this high quality mulch, unlike the free stuff you have to load yourself at the Upland city yard.Two scoops usually fills a small pick-up truck, which is about all that I can unload in a weekend.
I had tried to order from a company that communicated only through email. They left me hanging, but thankfully I found Wolfinbarger so I could get my project done. They were helpful both on the phone and in person. Delivery was on time and with excellent service. I couldn't be happier with the end result.