We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a trusted provider of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping supplies and building materials, we've built a sturdy foundation of excellency and are excited of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the top providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted Provider of Landscape products? We are sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the region. We'd love to add you to our long list of delighted customers. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Arcadia
When you need affordable landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the widest assortment of economically priced landscape products around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing a range of beautiful landscape products to fit every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We don't just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape products and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you'll be hard-pressed to find a wider variety of landscape products and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you will always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This includes a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and numerous other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your average landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a large variety of numerous kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, including plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an untrained eye, all the various types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the essential draining of any standing water.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the best environment for these unique types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is best for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large variety of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is perfect for ground cover.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored ornamental rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These versatile rocks are ideal for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of varying shades of gray.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also stunt weed growth.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most popular merchandise in this category:
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a reasonably priced alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Great prices, compared to the big box hardware stores and other local landscape supplies stores this place has it all.
This is a family run business with long ties to the local area. They know what is needed for your project, large or small. They are always willing to help you with any questions you might have. They deliver or they help you load your order. Prices are very fair and the advice is always free. Good people there !Dave E
I was referred to wolfinbarger from a family member who had previously purchased rocks from them and had a wonderful experience and all I can say is I can see why they have been in business for the many years they have!!! Wonderful service from everyone including the driver who delivered!!! I am extremely happy!! We will use them again when we do our backyard...thank you wolfinbarger!!