We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a trusted provider of landscaping merchandise for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we have built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are pleased of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the top providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when neighborhoods began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape products? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied clients. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Yucaipa
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We are home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape products around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We don't just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our customers with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but important) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Area
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a broader selection of landscape products and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you will always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This contains a large selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your average landscape company. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a wide variety of numerous kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the different types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a unique soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is comprised of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is ideal for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is made up of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide selection of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Pea Gravel: Ideal for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of varying shades of gray.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Las Vegas Pink: Unique because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also stunt weed growth.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is best for ground cover.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Playground Sand: A sought after variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Great and prompt service, with very fair prices. Loaded up an entire bed of a pickup truck with garden soil for less than two Andrew Jacksons. From walking in, paying for the goods and driving away, it took me less than five minutes; too bad I don't have a truck of my own to keep filling it up with good quality dirt.
They are very helpful, have great product and there prices are very fair. I would rate them four stars because they figured out the amount of gravel I needed by my measurements and it was 5 times more product then I needed. The four stars would be because they would pick it up even though I called right away. This was also before we even used the product. However they have a policy and it is my responsibility to know the amount of product I need there for I give them five stars with a word of advice for others. Double check your math, then ask there advise and then make your order so you don't have a huge mess. My fault. In the end my wife and I used the leftovers at our house.