We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
serving Highland, CA
O.F. Wolfinbarger is based in Chino CA and has been serving the Highland, California region as a respected supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a long and storied history in landscaping supplies and building products, we've built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are excited of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since flourished into one of the leading providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Trusted supplier of Landscape products? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the area. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied clients. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the region.
Affordable Landscape Supplies serving Highland
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying a range of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a slight (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape products and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a larger variety of landscape products and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This includes a large variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and numerous other types of decorative rocks and decorative wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your ordinary landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, such as plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an undisciplined eye, all the various types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the best environment for these unique types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is composed of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for best plant growth.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is ideal for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large selection of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also prevent weed growth.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of diverse shades of gray.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after decorative rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is perfect for ground cover.
- Burgundy Cinders: An affordable ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make exceptional filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it's exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our one-of-a-kind and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Playground Sand: A popular variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an ideal decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Love this place! Great prices on mulch, top soil, rocks etc. Mulch comes in a variety of grades and chip sizes. No trash, bits of plastic toys, plastic bags, or palm in this high quality mulch, unlike the free stuff you have to load yourself at the Upland city yard.Two scoops usually fills a small pick-up truck, which is about all that I can unload in a weekend.
Family owned business foooorrrrevvvvver. Great and honest people. Great material! If your looking to do a Drought Tolerant yard check them out for materials and local delivery.
if you've never been here you've got to go two this place it's awesome so much cheaper for all your gardening needs .Got a scoop of garden soil ( a tractor scoop dumped into my husband's truck bed buy a big tractor) for my vegetable planter bed. Now I need to get decomposed granite or pea gravel for the cactus garden .I love this place.