We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
serving Hesperia, CA
O.F. Wolfinbarger is based in Chino CA and has been serving the Hesperia, California region as a respected provider of landscaping merchandise for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping supplies and building products, we have built a sturdy foundation of excellence and are excited of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since developed into one of the top providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was created out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable supplier of Landscape products? We're popular among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the region. We would love to add you to our long list of delighted clients. Find out for yourself why we're the go-to place for landscaping in the region.
Affordable Landscape Supplies serving Hesperia
When you need reasonably priced landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the widest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it is our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of stunning landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We don't just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business significant to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our customers locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a broader selection of landscape products and products anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This contains a large selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your ordinary landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are pleased to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a large variety of various kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an untrained eye, all the various types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is composed of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It contains mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these unique types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for general use!
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for optimal growth.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for perfect plant growth.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
Decorative rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to transform the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large variety of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Las Vegas Pink: Unique because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping materials can also prevent weed growth.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of varying shades of gray.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored decorative rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are perfect for a number of different decorative applications.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that vary from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several various sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most popular products in this category:
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a large variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a affordable alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a large assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Aged Shavings: A good alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Fast, quick service! Very well priced and we got exactly what I was looking for! Wish I would have found this place sooner!
Butch and his staff are always amazing! They have the best pricing, timely delivery, and all Star Service. Rocks, sand, or gorilla hair...OF Wolfinbarger is the recommended vendor to all my clients and friends.