We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
in Apple Valley
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California region as a trusted supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping supplies and building materials, we've built a sturdy foundation of excellency and are pleased of the reputation we maintain in the region.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a good reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What started off as an casual business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since grown into one of the leading providers of landscaping materials in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We are sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the region. We'd love to add you to our lengthy list of satisfied clients. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the region.
Affordable Landscape Materials Apple Valley
When you need cheap landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the widest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing an assortment of stunning landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of successful landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We do not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by providing comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a free landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, politeness, and friendliness.
When you come in to our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping project as a slight (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the exact landscape material they need or help them find solutions to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a wider selection of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This includes a large selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of ornamental rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we're much more than just your ordinary landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are pleased to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, such as plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equally. To an untrained eye, all the various types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the numerous kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is ideal for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: suggested as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is composed of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is made up of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix designed for growing vegetables. It contains the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings consists of wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the ideal environment for these unique types of plants because it protects roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a unique soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a large selection of ornamental rock for every landscaping application.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a traditional look to any landscape.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also stunt weed growth.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Black Cinders: Decorative lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- California Gold: Recommended for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of diverse shades of gray.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or general landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for numerous applications.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most popular ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These versatile rocks are perfect for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These ornamental rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinct for their deep wine coloring.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel products ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most popular products in this category:
- Playground Sand: A sought after variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is an affordable and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and decorative elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, among them the following options:
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping products, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a large variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a reasonably priced alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide assortment of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a fantastic all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have excellent composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
We use Wolfinbarger all the time! they have a wide range of product at a great price! they get me out quick and easy.
I called a few local yards to have playground wood chips delivered and Wolfinbarger was the nicest and easiest to deal with on the phone. They delivered right at the time they said they would arrive and placed the chips right where we wanted them. Thank you.