We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
O.F. Wolfinbarger has been serving the Upland, California area as a trusted supplier of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building materials, we have built a sturdy foundation of excellency and are pleased of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a company has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there's likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story began four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since developed into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California region. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the region.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable supplier of Landscape products? We're sought after among homeowners, businesses, and building products companies throughout the area. We would love to add you to our lengthy list of delighted customers. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Supplies Victorville
When you need reasonably priced landscape supplies, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the broadest assortment of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on modest beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by supplying an assortment of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our customers, that means we can provide the industry's greatest customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape products, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping endeavor by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping guide every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape company here in Chino, California, we havecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our customers with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always expect a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a small (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find remedies to their landscaping problems. It's just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest Selection of Landscape Materials and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a wider variety of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you will always find precisely what you need when you shop with us. This includes a wide variety of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and numerous other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your average landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are proud to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding cities a wide variety of different kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, including plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an undisciplined eye, all the numerous types of soil may look the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the greatest part is, we can help you learn too.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is comprised of a base of nutrient mix with shavings accompanied by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is suitable for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created primarily for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these one-of-a-kind types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a unique soil variety developed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is made up of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Green Container Mix: Our most reasonably priced soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created specifically for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide selection of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for general landscaping applications.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced ornamental rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of varying colors. These versatile rocks are perfect for a number of different ornamental applications.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also prevent weed growth.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is best for ground cover.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a more compact variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is excellent for walkways or dog runs.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and comprised of varying shades of gray.
- Madera Pebbles: Recommended for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling products for a number of landscaping applications.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Apache Brown: Known for its unique brown hue, apache brown adds a one-of-a-kind decorative flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to general landscaping. Here are some of our most sought after products in this category:
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Playground Sand: A common variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Cement Sand: As its name suggests, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly versatile landscaping material. It comes in varying colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, including the following options:
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes great walkways and can be used for ground cover.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also appropriate for use in walkways.
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the area for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as general ground cover or for walkways.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide variety of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and boosts drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a stunning ground cover.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a cheap alternative to peat soil and has exceptional water retention properties.
- Vermiculite: A one-of-a-kind and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil sustain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is good for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an exceptional seed topper.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
I've been purchasing from Wolfinbarger for years. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable, courteous and they go out of their way for the customer. I can't say enough about the quality of their products and the pricing, I recommend them to everybody.
We had occasion to order from Wolfinbarger twice this month. We found their service to be outstanding. They provided us with 3 things that I truly appreciate in a company: 1) On time service 2) Great advice 3) Great Pricing. We ordered sod and mulch from this company we were given an order window that was precise, after giving the order desk the measurements of my project they told me exactly how much material I would need and frankly they were dead on and after shopping around we found their pricing was significantly less expensive than their competitors. I would use them again in a heart beat. I love the fact that I could complete the whole thing over the phone. Awesome.