We Have Sand, Soil, Woodchips & Gravel for Your Projects!
serving Glendora, CA
O.F. Wolfinbarger is based in Chino CA and has been serving the Glendora, California region as a dependable provider of landscaping products for the better part of a century now. With a lengthy and storied history in landscaping products and building products, we've built a solid foundation of excellency and are pleased of the reputation we maintain in the area.
When a business has enjoyed success for over 90 years, there is likely a effective reason for it. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, our success story started off four generations ago when our patriarch Olin borrowed $350 from the bank to buy a truck for hauling cow paddocks. What began as an informal business transaction between a farmer and a dairyman has since developed into one of the leading providers of landscaping products in the Southern California area. At the heart of our business is our custom soil mixing. This service was born out of necessity when communities began moving into the once-barren foothills of the area.
Why Choose O.F. Wolfinbarger Inc. As Your Dependable Provider of Landscape Materials? We are popular among homeowners, businesses, and building materials companies throughout the area. We would love to add you to our long list of satisfied customers. Find out for yourself why we are the go-to place for landscaping in the area.
Affordable Landscape Materials serving Glendora
When you need cheap landscape products, you need O.F. Wolfinbarger. We're home to the broadest range of economically priced landscape materials around. Our business was built on humble beginnings, and it's our pleasure to help our community continue to develop and blossom by providing a range of beautiful landscape products to accommodate every budget.
Expert Landscapers and Soil Mixers
Born into a family of outstanding landscapers and soil mixers, this business is in our blood. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we eat, sleep, and breathe landscaping. For our clients, that means we can provide the industry's best customer service. Translation? We will not just sell you landscape supplies, we help you in every aspect of your landscaping project by supplying comprehensive information and expert advice on soil, compost, mulch, fertilizer, deco rock, and more. Why buy from a big box store when you can get a complimentary landscaping tutorial every time you shop with Wolfinbarger?
Your Friendly, Hometown Landscape Supply Store
As a family-owned and operated landscape business here in Chino, California, we'vecome to regard the residents of our community as extended family members. As a result, we treat each of our clients with the utmost respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
When you enter our place of business, you can always count on a smile and a warm greeting. Not only is your business important to us, but we take a vested interest in your landscaping endeavor as a slight (but significant) part in the beautification of our own community. As a result, we often go out of our way to help our clients locate the precise landscape material they need or help them find remedies to their landscaping problems. It is just what we do here at O.F. Wolfinbarger, Inc.
The Biggest variety of Landscape products and Supplies in the Region
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are truly your one-stop shop for all things landscaping. In fact, you will be hard-pressed to find a larger variety of landscape merchandise and materials anywhere in Southern California. Plus, we keep our inventory stocked year-round, so you'll always find exactly what you need when you shop with us. This contains a wide selection of wood chips, soil mix, topsoil, soil amendments, landscape soil, landscape rocks, sand, gravel, boulders, and more. We also carry Mexican pebbles and several other types of decorative rocks and ornamental wood chips for all of your landscaping applications.
Our Products and Services
Soil Products (Special Mix, Veggie Mix, Plain Top Soil, Planter Mix, Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite, Cactus Mix, Nutrient Mix With Shavings, Mulch Mix Top Toil, Mulch, Green Container Mix
At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we are much more than just your average landscape business. At our shop, we specialize in custom soil mixing and are pleased to offer the residents and businesses in Chino, California and the surrounding areas a large variety of numerous kinds of soil products and soil mixtures, among them plain top soil, planter mix, nutrient mix with shavings, cactus mix, green container mix, and more.
Types of Soil We Offer
Not all dirt is created equal. To an undisciplined eye, all the different types of soil may appear the same, but at O.F. Wolfinbarger, we know the various kinds of soil like the back of our hands. And the best part is, we can help you learn too.
- Nutrient Mix With Shavings: Created especially for outdoor container plants, our nutrient mix with shavings contains wood shavings that retain moisture and facilitate the necessary draining of any standing water.
- Rototilling Mulch: A moisture-retaining soil, our rototilling mulch includes wood shavings and horse manure compost and is perfect for rototilling into clay or sandy soils.
- Mulch Mix Top Soil: Recommended as a base for under sod, our mulch mix top soil is comprised of 70% sandy loam and 30% mulch compost.
- Plain Top Soil: Our plain top soil is best for landscaping filling and replacement.
- Veggie Mix: Veggie mix is our special soil mix developed for growing vegetables. It includes the perfect balance of nutrients for ideal plant growth.
- Special Mix: Our special mix soil is comprised of 50% top soil and 50% planter mix. It consists of mulch, redwood fir bark, and chicken manure.
- Nutrient Mix With Peat & Perlite: A lightweight, all-purpose mix, our nutrient mix with peat and perlite is comprised of a base of nutrient mix with shavings complemented by peat moss, perlite, and redwood. This mixture is appropriate for colorful plants, ground cover, indoor plants, and more.
- Green Container Mix: Our most affordable soil mix, green container mix is a canning mix that can be used for 5-15 gallon cans or just to have on hand for everyday use!
- Planter Mix: Planter mix is a one-of-a-kind soil variety designed to protect grass seed from birds and other animals. It also holds in moisture for ideal growth.
- Cactus Mix: Cactus mix is our soil mix created specifically for succulents. It creates the perfect environment for these unique types of plants because it defends roots and stems from excess moisture, which can cause rot.
Decorative Rock Products: (Red Cinders, Madera Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Las Vegas Pink, California Gold, Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Sunset Pebbles, Mexican Pebbles, White Rock, Recycled Rock, Arizona River Rock, Arizona Pea Gravel, Palm Springs Gold, Apache Brown)
ornamental rock is a small landscaping detail, but it has the power to enhance the look of your entire property. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we have a wide selection of decorative rock for every landscaping application.
- Palm Springs Gold: One of our most sought after ornamental rocks, Palm Springs Gold comes in a 3/8 inch size and is ideal for ground cover.
- Arizona River Rock: Arizona river rocks are smooth, colorful rocks available in several different sizes ranging from ¾ inch to 5 inch for various applications.
- Las Vegas Pink: Distinctive because of its bright color, Las Vegas pink rock varies from ¾ to 1 inch in size and can be used for everyday landscaping applications.
- Arizona Pea Gravel: Arizona pea gravel is a smaller variant of the Arizona river rock. Because of its size, it is exceptional for walkways or dog runs.
- Apache Brown: Known for its distinctive brown hue, apache brown adds a unique ornamental flair to landscapes, especially alongside succulents.
- Black Cinders: Ornamental lava rocks, black cinders pop against bright green plants.
- Madera Pebbles: Suggested for pools or everyday landscaping, madera pebbles are 1-2 inch river rocks that range from light gray to dark gray in color.
- Sunset Pebbles: Sold in 75-pound bags, sunset pebbles are small, smooth river rocks of diverse colors. These convenient rocks are ideal for a number of different decorative applications.
- Recycled Rock: Our recycled rocks are sold in bulk and make excellent filling materials for a number of landscaping applications.
- Burgundy Cinders: An reasonably priced decorative rock, burgundy cinders are lava rocks distinguishable for their deep wine coloring.
- Red Cinders: Red cinders add a touch of brick red color to your landscape. Made from lava rock, these landscaping products can also prevent weed growth.
- California Gold: Suggested for ground cover, California Gold is a brightly-colored ornamental rock about ¾ inch in size.
- White Rock: Commonly used for general ground cover, white rock also lends a classic look to any landscape.
- Pea Gravel: Perfect for driveways and walkways, pea gravel is about 3/8 inch in size and made up of varying shades of gray.
- Mexican Pebbles: Available in 75-pound bags, Mexican pebbles are darkly colored decorative rocks used in water features and for ground cover. These decorative rocks are sold in a 1-2 inch variety and a larger, 2-3 inch variety.
Sand And Gravel Products (Cement Sand, Angel Mix, Plaster Sand, Fill Sand, Playground Sand)
Our unique and extensive line of sand and gravel merchandise ranges from building materials applications to everyday landscaping. Here are some of our most popular products in this category:
- Playground Sand: A popular variety of sand used for playgrounds and on golf courses.
- Fill Sand: Used in several of our soil mixes, fill sand is also ideal for use under swimming pools and pavers as well as for shading pipes.
- Plaster Sand: Plaster sand is a fine, gray-colored sand commonly used in masonry.
- Angel Mix: A very fine brick dust, angel mix is a red-colored material used on baseball fields.
- Cement Sand: As its name implies, cement sand is used to make concrete for building projects. It is also an additive in our cactus soil mix.
We also carry ½ pre-mix, class 2 base, and 1 ½ inch rock.
Decomposed Granite Products (Tan Cgc, Slate, Palm Springs Gold Cgc, Stabilized Pyrite Gold Dg, Pyrite Gold Dg, Pacific Decomposed Granite, Stabilized Pacific Dg)
Decomposed granite is a reasonably priced and highly convenient landscaping material. It comes in diverse colors and sizes and can be used for driveways, walkways, pathways, and ornamental elements. At O.F. Wolfinbarger, we offer a variety of decomposed granite products, such as the following options:
- Pacific Decomposed Granite: This type of decomposed granite is a favorite in the region for its desert look. It is compactable and can be used for pathways and other landscaping applications.
- Tan CGC: Known for its compactable nature, Tan CGC is often used in horse stalls or under artificial grass. It is also suitable for use in walkways.
- Slate: In its crushed state, slate makes an perfect decomposed granite product for use as everyday ground cover or for walkways.
- Stabilized Pacific DG: As a stabilized variant of Pacific Decomposed Granite, this variety of DG is best for walkways or as a concrete substitute.
- Palm Springs Gold CGC: A brown-hued alternative to slate, Palm Springs Gold CGC also makes fantastic walkways and can be used for ground cover.
We also carry Stabilized Pyrite Gold DG and Pyrite Gold DG.
Mixing Components (Burgundy Cinders, Black Cinders, Peat Moss, Pumice, Coco Coir Fiber, Perlite, Vermiculite)
As your one-stop-shop for soil and landscaping merchandise, O.F. Wolfinbarger offers a wide selection of mixing components. A sampling of these is listed below for your reference:
- Perlite: Used as a soil conditioner, horticultural perlite is effective for loosening clay soil while improving drainage and aeration.
- Peat Moss: One of our most sought after mixing components, peat moss helps soil maintain its nutrients and moisture levels.
- Burgundy Cinders: Burgundy cinders are available in a 3/8ths size and improves drainage when mixed with soil. It can also be used as a beautiful ground cover.
- Pumice: Pumice is a soil additive that improves aeration and controls moisture.
- Coco Coir Fiber: Coco coir fiber is a cheap alternative to peat soil and has excellent water retention properties.
- Vermiculite: A unique and organic soil amendment, vermiculite improves root growth and helps young roots anchor. It also retains air, moisture, and nutrients for plants until they need them.
- Black Cinders: A darker, 3/16inch version of our burgundy cinders.
Composts For Fertilizers (Chicken Manure, Cow Manure, Fir Pine Mixed Shavings, Composted Fir Bark, Aged Shavings, Green Waste, Redwood Shavings, Mulch, Planter Mix)
As your fully-stocked landscaping supplier, O.F. Wolfinbarger has a wide range of composts for fertilizers in our inventory. This contains the following:
- Cow Manure: In addition to fertilizing and composting applications, cow manure also makes an excellent seed topper.
- Aged Shavings: A effective alternative for animal waste compost, aged shavings can be used in soil mixing or as a soil amendment.
- Fir Pine Mixed Shavings: Fir pine mixed shavings is a nitrogen-rich compost that can be added to soil mixes or for bare root plants like roses, for example.
- Redwood Shavings: These shavings from the redwoods of Northern California and Washington have exceptional composting properties and can also be used in soil mixtures.
- Chicken Manure: Chicken manure makes a great all-purpose fertilizer and compost.
We also carry mulch, planter mix, and composted fir bark.
Best place for high quality soil amendments and mulch at fair prices. Not the cheapest but definitely the best quality products.
I was referred to wolfinbarger from a family member who had previously purchased rocks from them and had a wonderful experience and all I can say is I can see why they have been in business for the many years they have!!! Wonderful service from everyone including the driver who delivered!!! I am extremely happy!! We will use them again when we do our backyard...thank you wolfinbarger!!